Have you been ripped off?
How to tell, and what to do next…
If you are approached by any business claiming to be able to get you a fast, guaranteed ranking on Page One of Google, and get unlimited clicks for a low, fixed monthly budget, you are being deceived.
- yes, you can get on page one of Google, quickly, but on the left side of the page only if you have a website that conforms to strict search engine optimisation structure in line with google's ranking algorhythm – that excludes most websites, and many of the rankings you see are accidental and usually easy to do better for
- you must have a well-structured site that people and search engines alike will find useful, relevant, and easy to use to solve their problems
- yes, you can achieve a page one listing with adwords sponsored links, and if you bid high enough for your keywords you will be shown on the first page on the right hand side or at the top
But some unscrupulous parties are offering deals which, if they sound too good to be true, probably are.
Don't fall for them if:
- they don't provide a qualified individual or qualified company link from Google's website
- they offer guaranteed first page ranking without stating which side of the results page you'll be seen on
- you don't open the adwords account yourself and can see how its set up
- you don't choose and agree your own keywords with their help
- you aren't shown how many searches are likely per month
- you don't get shown estimated click costs for your keywords
- they make claims about profits (they don't own your website or your business, you do)
- they accept you into their program without reviewing your website
- they don't tell you what data you will be shown
- they make any claims about getting cheaper clicks from google for some reason
- they make any claims about ranking better on the left hand side of the page as a result of paid advertising on the right
Researching and setting up a paid advertising campaign is a serious undertaking, not to be entered into lightly.
The market activity data it will generate is just as important as any tangible or perceived results from website visitors like leads and sales.
So to think you may get something of value for just £5.00 in terms of advertising online, is in our opinion, a little far-fetched. Often, just a few clicks will cost you more than this.
If you have a website, you need visitors – it's that simple.
Google AdWords is the best way to get them. But only if done right.
For a review of your marketplace, your website, and AdWords campaigns, contact us today.